SR. ARCHITECT | HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT OF ARCHITECTURE
Note: Candidates should be ready to live in Muscat and join immediately
F&M Middle East Engineering Consultancy L.L.C is actively seeking an experienced SR. Architect - Head of the Department of Architecture to be based in Muscat, Sultanate of Oman. This position requires a team player with a “can do”, results focused attitude; excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to include basic technical writing; as well as strong attention to details. Successful candidates must be organized, resourceful, proactive, customer-focused, and able to multi-task. This position requires the ability to fulfill the requirements of the architectural field with a focus on hotel design.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Makes design decisions and recommendations coordinated with the project requirements of the basic design solution.
- Directs the work of other architects and drafters relative to the project requirements.
- Works in a multi-discipline environment sharing and coordinating work to meet the project goals.
- Establishes project staffing and schedule requirements and responsible for meeting the objectives.
- Works closely with other team members and the project manager.
- Interfaces in a professional manner with clients to represent the project.
- Represents firm in workshops and meetings to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
- Reviews project design by others (peer review).
- Makes routine decisions governed by established project standards or project instructions.
- Provide guidance to other designers, drafters, and architects.
- Consistently estimates accurate completion time of own assignments and effectively coordinates with project team and across disciplines.
- Regularly demonstrates the ability to communicate effectively with clients and other team members.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering is required.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in Architecture is required.
- Ability to effectively lead small groups of Architects.
- Must be able to follow work processes, maintain close attention to detail, and meet schedules under strict deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers.
- Proactive team player, creative, and a positive attitude.
To apply for this position, kindly send your resume together with all supporting documents to the following email: